Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ron DeBord on Kevlar Canoes

I Ron DeBord would have to say that the Kevlar Canoe is a nice change having recently used one on the waters in the Quetico Provincial Park-Canada. The Boys and I rented a couple of these fine canoes for a fly in trip, and I do not regret having done so. These canoes are light weight and make for a much more enjoyable trip on the water (faster) and much easier to manage while portaging. I have carried canoes of various materials including plastic and aluminum and it would be hard to go back to these particular canoes if my intent is to cover distance and not worry about length of portages. I highly recommend this light weight alternative.

Kevlar is a strong material, yet one must be cautious as you would with any material to ensure that damage is not done while around very large rocks. However, I did find these canoes to be extremely durable with an unsurpassed strength to weight ratio. Ron DeBord and his three sons had a great time with no worries regarding weight and balancing the Kevlar Canoe.

More to come on the outdoor experiences that make memories for a lifetime.

Ron DeBord